During 4th of July weekend, my family went strawberry picking at Bartlett’s Farm, and I had fun getting at eye level with the ground and playing with perspective and focus. More images to come, but this is one of my favorites.
In case you need any ideas for what to serve on this Frosty Friday, here is a fresh strawberry inspired recipe. I love mojitos, and when you add fresh mint to juicy field-picked strawberries, it’s a winner! I’ve been growing lemon mint in my window box this summer, and I can’t wait to try it with this recipe. We’re off to the beach today, and I couldn’t be happier to leave this steamy pavement jungle. Happy Friday!
Strawberry Mojito Cocktail Recipe
Adapted from The Berry Bible
- 1.5 ounces of simple syrup (combine 2 cups water and 1 lb sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat until sugar is totally dissolved. Cool, then store in fridge until ready to use)
- 3 fresh strawberries
- 4-5 fresh spearmint sprigs (chopped if you prefer smaller mint pieces in your cocktail)
- soda water
- 1/2 lime
- 2 ounces of light rum
1. In a chilled glass (about 10-12 ounces), muddle the simple syrup, strawberries and mint leaves together with the back of a spoon or muddler. Crush the strawberries and mint leaves well.
2. Squeeze the juice from the lime into the glass, add the rum and stir well. Fill glass with ice and top off with soda water.
3. Most importantly…Garnish with mint sprigs or strawberry slices. Enjoy and try your best to forget that it is 95 degrees!